Label : This Day In Music
Released : 2017
Catalogue Number : ISBN: 978-1-9995927-9-0
- With an introduction and commentary from band creator and Wedding Present mainstay David Gedge, Sometimes These Words Just Don’t Have To Be Said is a collection of over 400 fan memories interspersed with contributions and insights from fellow founder members Peter Solowka and Shaun Charman.
- Now published in paperback, the 448 page book contains stories from a host of collaborators from throughout the band’s career, including former band members and producers, the latter including George Best & Bizarro producer Chris Allison, Steve Albini and the Grammy Award winning Andrew Scheps.
- From David Gedge’s school days through to concerts in 2016, the book is packed with images, many previously unseen, including several from David’s personal archive.
- It also contains contributions from many musician fans including Gaz Coombes [Supergrass], Mark Burgess [The Chameleons], Martin Noble [British Sea Power], Emma Pollock [The Delgados], John Robb [The Membranes], William Potter [CUD], Rolo McGinty [The Woodentops] and many bands who have performed at David’s annual ‘At The Edge Of The Sea’ festival.
- Other celebrities who have contributed to the book include Hot Fuzz actor Nick Frost, Game Of Thrones actor Ben Crompton, broadcasters Marc Riley, Shaun Keaveny, Andy Kershaw, Andrew Collins & Robin Ince, journalists Mark Beaumont & Ian Gittins and celebrated writers Ian Rankin, Mike Gayle & Peter Bowker [The A Word].
- The book gives a real insight into what it’s like to attract – or become one of – a coterie of passionate fans who have followed the group since the beginning. Many have fallen in love with – and to – the band’s music. As one fan describes it, ‘They have been the soundtrack to my life.’
- 7.44 x 9.69 in or 246 x 189 mm
Sometimes These Words Just Don't Have To Be Said
Only 3 left in stock